"TruNews" host Rick Wiles believes there is an effort to take out big names
in the 2024 presidential race.
"It appears that there is an effort to clear the playing field," he said during the Jan. 25 edition of the program. "It just seems like a lot of big names are being taken out of the 2024 presidential race. Now this could also go the other way, so many people will be tarnished."
Wiles pointed out that the candidacies of incumbent President Joe Biden, former President Donald Trump and former Vice President Mike Pence were damaged by allegations that they brought classified documents into their homes.
Dr. Raymond "Doc" Burkhart, Wiles' co-host, expounded on the classified documents found in Pence's Indiana home
. The discovery followed Pence's repeated insistence that he did not have any classified documents in his possession.
The Department of Justice
's National Security Division and the Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FBI) have launched a review of the documents and are now investigating how they ended up in Pence's home. The former vice president's team has contacted the National Archives and Records Administration
(NARA) to request assistance in collecting and transferring documents bearing classification tags.
"I think obviously this is is damaging Mike Pence, his reputation. It's almost like they're all being taken out of the race one by one," Wiles said. "I was imagining how many politicians and bureaucrats in Washington have been quietly going to their homes, going through their closets, their basements or attics, garages and opening up every box. You know, there's a lot of them who are worried."
Burkhart: Trump was not hiding classified documents
Still, Burkhart thinks Trump has nothing to worry about. "Donald Trump was not hiding classified documents," he said. "The National Archives knew exactly where they were, they knew what documents he had at Mar-a-Lago."
According to Burkhart, Trump's lawyers and the NARA had been in contact for months regarding the documents, which the former president had declassified during his term. (Related: Trump wants independent third party to review documents stolen from Mar-a-Lago by FBI
The "TruNews" co-host pointed out that Biden and Pence, both former vice presidents, had no right to take home classified documents and had no authority to declassify them. Just recently, the FBI spent more than 12 hours searching Biden's Wilmington, Delaware residence and found more classified documents
. Some of the items date back to Biden's time as a a senator, while others were from his time as vice president.
There are many people who walk out the door of the White House, the National Security Council
or the Department of Defense
carrying someone's classified documents for them and not knowing anything about it.
Wiles cited former President Barack Obama, who may have taken thousands of classified documents to Chicago. The National Archives had even opened a branch office either inside or next to his Obama Presidential Library.
The host also recalled the case of Sandy Berger, the national security adviser under former President Bill Clinton, who was caught coming out of the National Archives with classified documents.
Burkhart said that Berger was found guilty of taking classified documents from the National Archives
and cutting them up with scissors. Berger admitted to U.S. Magistrate Judge Deborah Robinson that he intentionally took and deliberately destroyed three copies of the same document dealing with terror threats during the 2000 millennium celebration. He ended up getting a three-year suspended sentence and paid a $50,000 fine.
Watch Rick Wiles and Doc Burkhart discuss the classified documents found in former Vice President Mike Pence's home
This video is from the TruNews channel on Brighteon.com.
More related stories:
The dam is about to burst: Whistleblower documents link Joe Biden directly to Hunter's crooked business dealings
New declassified documents show that Obama knew about Clinton-engineered conspiracy to link Trump to Russia
Partisan Jan. 6 panel votes to level criminal charges at Trump, proving again they don’t want him to run in 2024