Sources: Ukrainian government planning nuclear 'dirty bomb' false flag to blame on Russia
Sources say that the Ukrainian leadership is planning a diabolical false flag attack using a nuclear "dirty bomb" so they can blame it on Russia and possibly widen the conflict there to include NATO and other countries.
According to Sputnik
, dirty bombs, which are also known as "radiological dispersal device," or RDD, mixes conventional explosives with radioactive materials and typically utilizes dynamite and other explosives to spread radiological dust and smoke over a wide area, causing radioactive contamination and, eventually, sickness and death.
Sources told the news agency that the reason behind the shocking attack is to accuse the Russian government of using weapons of mass destruction and trigger an anti-Moscow global campaign aimed at, eventually, toppling President Vladimir Putin's regime.
According to the insiders, the administration of the Eastern Mining and Processing Plant located in the town of Zholtye Vody in Ukraine's Dnepropetrovsk region, as well as the Kiev Institute for Nuclear Research, was tasked with making the 'dirty bomb,' a process that the sources said is being overseen by Kiev's Western curators," Sputnik
The insiders added that the organizers of the provocation hope that the "nuclear incident" will prompt an extremely negative reaction from the international community, and that Moscow will lose the support of many of its key partners.
Meanwhile, the West will again try to raise the issue of depriving Russia the status of a permanent member of the UN Security Council and ramp up its anti-Russian rhetoric, according to the sources.
These claims come on the heels of a Russian Foreign Ministry statement last week reiterating that Moscow does not threaten the first use of nuclear weapons, adding that the West typically uses nuclear rhetoric as a means of trying to portray Russia as being on the brink of triggering global annihilation using weapons of mass destruction.
Earlier this month, Dmitry Peskov, a spokesman for Putin's government, pressed the global community to recall Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's recent urging for a nuclear strike against Russia as a preventative measure. He also criticized Western governments
for failing to vociferously condemn the remarks.
"There were some timid attempts, let’s say, to condemn Zelensky’s tone. We heard at the United Nations and so on. But to our regret, let’s say, it didn’t occur to anyone to rein in their vassal. This is very dangerous," he said.
Konstantin Vorontsov, a deputy director of the Russian Foreign Ministry's department for arms nonproliferation and control, emphasized that the Kremlin will be monitoring the reaction of Kyiv's Western sponsons to Zelensky's "completely inadequate and absolutely unacceptable" words.
“I urge all [UN] delegates to go to the site where this interview is posted in Ukrainian and listen to what President Zelensky said in the original video. You will see that he wasn't talking about some kind of preventive sanctions before February 24, mythical ones that the presidential press service invents, but it was clearly about the need for preventive nuclear strikes by NATO nations against Russia," he said.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warned that Kyiv was creating unnecessary risks regarding the use of weapons of mass destruction with its rhetoric.
Zelensky's appeal "only testifies to the threats emanating from the Kyiv regime," and the entire purpose of the invasion was to eliminate such threats, he noted further.
"As you know, a council of the so-called European community was convened yesterday, it was an initiative of [French] President [Emmanuel] Macron, following which EU diplomacy chief [Josep] Borrell announced — proudly — that a process was beginning to form a security structure without Russia's participation. In general, they simply dance to the tune of Kiev and encourage the crazy fantasies of those who are still in power there," Lavrov said.